Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Top Paleo Recipes

A lot of my friends are currently doing either a Paleo challenge or a Whole30 challenge (ones with an asterisk are Whole30)... since my blog had almost 200 recipes I thought I would share my top ones to maybe make their (and your) meal planning easier. Most of what makes the recipes not Whole30 is the use of raw honey... if very little is used you could easily omit it. I also went through and made sure the recipes here have the nutritional information on the pages for those of you tracking those! If my ingredients stump you feel free to send me a message and ask what it is for, or see this page for some common paleo ingredients. 
I am also testing some new recipes this weekend so stay tuned!

Top 3 Beef Recipes:


3. *Hawaiian Chili*... if you haven't tried pineapple and steak in chili you really should... this one has won chili cook-offs!
2. *Kofta-inspired Meatballs*... I love the spices in this- if you don't have an adventurous palate these might not be for you, but I want them on my menu every week
1. Crockpot Beef and Broccoli... this is by far the most popular recipe on my blog from Pinterest, other blogs, and google searches (reduce the honey if you want)


Top 5 Chicken Recipes:


5. Chicken Salad... a copy-cat paleo version of one I loved at Whole Foods... yum!
4. *Oven Fajitas*... so easy... chop, bake, done!
3. Take-out Chicken... a little more labor-intensive but one of the tastiest things I have made!
2. Crockpot- Sticky Chicken
1. Paleo Chicken Pad-Thai... made with sweet potato noodles this is a favorite of all my friends!


Top 3 Veggie Recipes:


3. *Vegetable Bake*
2. *Egg and Spinach Pizza*
1. *Sweet Potato Salad*


Top 3 Breakfast Recipes:


3. *Carmelized Onion and Spinach Frittata*
2. Flaxseed Paleo Pancakes
1. Cranberry Almond Coconut Granola (or any of the granolas- I have 4+ posted!)


Top 5 Desserts:


(I'm not going to lie...this was the hardest to pick because a lot of my desserts are tasty!)
5.  Lemon Chia Seed Muffins (or the blueberry ones!)
4. Coconut Protein Bars... like a mounds bar or an almond joy
3. Protein and Coffee Muffins
2. Mug Cakes... try the non-chocolate one or any of the others on the blog! If you don't use a microwave put the batter in a oven-safe dish at 350 degrees for 20ish minutes
1. "Peanut Butter" Protein Brownie Bites


Recipes you need in your life:

Homemade Mayo

2/3 cup avocado oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1 egg
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper

1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until thick. (Side note: I put all the ingredients in a mason jar and use an immersion blender... same result in literally less than a minute and then if you have extra you already have a container to store it :) this recipe will not use it all unless you want it super creamy- it will use most... But mayo will keep about a week in the fridge! 

Simple Paleo Pizza Crust

- I have several pizza topping ideas on my blog... use the search feature on the page if you get stumped with your own! ....along with several other paleo dough recipes... but this comes together in minutes and is a staple in our house!

(about the size of a small thin-crust... feeds 2-3 people)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

- 1 Cup Potato Starch (** Not the same as Potato flour)
- 1/2 Cup Tapicoa Starch (flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Powdered Gelatin**

- 1/3 Cup warm Water

1. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
2. In a small bowl, or your measuring cup, mix the water and gelatin.** I have made this without the gelatin and it turns out fine.... but still use the water! :)
3. Combine the dry ingredients, olive oil, egg and the gelatin/water solution. Mix until combined... it will be a very soft- to runny dough. Pour it, or roll it, onto a baking sheet lined with parchment, make it as thin as you want.
4. Pre-bake 15-20 minutes. Top and bake until the topping are melted- about another 5-10 minutes.

Cauliflower Mash

- 1 head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock 
- 2 Garlic Cloves, mashed 
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper

1. Place all of the ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and cover 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
2. Pour everything into a food processor and blend into the mixture is as smooth as you want it, scraping down the sides occasionally. If you want it thicker, reserve some of the broth from the pot and add more as needed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment