This weekend was terrible! Not only did I not have my baby girl, but I had the flu. Ugh. Along with the vomiting, I had a fever so bad my muscles were sore and my skin hurt. Not much of a worse feeling. She's now back with me and I am feeling better.... from a low to a high... life's way of double checking that you appreciate the good stuff maybe :)
When I cut refined sugar out of my diet I was drinking coffee with just sugar. To combat that I tried going cold turkey with just black, I tried cream, but now I have settled on cinnamon and a touch of milk. The spices in these muffins come from that. If you want a stronger coffee flavor, just omit the cinnamon, or reduce it.
Protein and Coffee Muffins
(makes about 24 mini muffins)
- 1/4 Cup Room Temperature Coffee- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 Ripe Banana, mashed
- Pinch of Salt (more for on top)
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Put everything in a blender, or use a hand mixer, and blend until smooth.
2. Add the chocolate chips (optional) and stir again- the batter will not be super thick.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough onto a greased mini muffin cups. GREASE your pan really well (there's no fat in the batter)
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they puff up and crack slightly on the top. Cool completely before removing. and enjoy. I stored mine in an airtight container in the fridge.
.... I also ate one.....
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1 g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 11 mg||4 %|
|Sodium 122 mg||5 %|
|Potassium 45 mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||2 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 3 g||6 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||1 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|