Thursday, December 18, 2014

Protein and Coffee Muffins

This weekend was terrible! Not only did I not have my baby girl, but I had the flu. Ugh. Along with the vomiting, I had a fever so bad my muscles were sore and my skin hurt. Not much of a worse feeling. She's now back with me and I am feeling better.... from a low to a high... life's way of double checking that you appreciate the good stuff maybe :) 


I have done it! I created a baked good that combined coffee and protein powder...and they are made in a blender...woohoo! They are easy to pop in your mouth which is perfect since I have 6 minutes to pee, sit down and grab more coffee/a snack between classes. For those who aren't teachers, they are a portable quick snack. :)

When I cut refined sugar out of my diet I was drinking coffee with just sugar. To combat that I tried going cold turkey with just black, I tried cream, but now I have settled on cinnamon and a touch of milk. The spices in these muffins come from that. If you want a stronger coffee flavor, just omit the cinnamon, or reduce it.


Protein and Coffee Muffins

(Printable Version)

(makes about 24 mini muffins)

- 1/4 Cup Room Temperature Coffee
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 Ripe Banana, mashed
- Pinch of Salt (more for on top)
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1. Put everything in a blender, or use a hand mixer, and blend until smooth.



2. Add the chocolate chips (optional) and stir again- the batter will not be super thick.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop dough onto a greased mini muffin cups. GREASE your pan really well (there's no fat in the batter) 



4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they puff up and crack slightly on the top. Cool completely before removing. and enjoy. I stored mine in an airtight container in the fridge.
.... I also ate one.....
Nutrition Facts
Servings 24.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 41
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1 g1 %
Saturated Fat 1 g3 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11 mg4 %
Sodium 122 mg5 %
Potassium 45 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 5 g2 %
Dietary Fiber 0 g2 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 3 g6 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C1 %
Calcium1 %
Iron1 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.



No comments:

Post a Comment