My dad held her hands while they did the stitches because I couldn't watch and she was hiccuping and laughing the whole time. When we got home she was just out of sorts, still loopy, tired, hungry... what an ordeal. I laid on her floor until she fell asleep. I know far worse things have happened, but it doesn't make it any easier when it is the first thing like this that happens to your own child.
Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, 1-1.5 in cubes (about 4 breasts)
- 3/4 Cup Pineapple Juice (no sugar added or fresh)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Aminos (or gluten free Soy Sauce)
- 1 Pineapple, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes (divided)
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper (any color)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice, about 1/2 a lemon
1. Add half the pineapple and everything else except the arrowroot powder and water to the crockpot and mix well. Cook on low 2-3 hours.
2. When it is done, remove the chicken and pour the sauce into a sauce pan over high heat. Whisk the arrowroot and water together and stir into the sauce. Whisk while bring the sauce to a boil. It should thicken in minutes. Add the chicken back, the rest of the pineapple and stir.