Friday, February 26, 2016

Blueberry-Lemon Mug Cake (grain and nut-free)

Happy 16.1 everyone! I don't know about you but I like long workouts with a light barbell... I hate to say it but I am actually excited about this one! Check with me later today when I actually do it though. 

Flavors inspired by my friend who posted delicious looking lemon blueberry cake... I thought I would make a tasty and healthy treat for during "Open Season." I have five different mug cakes on my blog...Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake, Banana Cinnamon Mug CakeAvocado Mug Cake, Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake, Protein Pumpkin Mug Cake.... if you want to try more. 



... all can be done without a microwave in a small, oven-safe dish, I used out mini Le Creuset crocks- aren't they cute?? Directions for using an oven are below! 

Blueberry-Lemon Mug Cake



- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour (measure this carefully!)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp+ Lemon Zest (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp Milk of your choice
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (I have only used fresh- I don't know the outcome with pre-squeezed)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Fresh Blueberries (as many as you want- who measures blueberries???)

In a small bowl whisk the flour, zest and baking powder. 



Add the remaining ingredients except the blueberries and whisk until smooth. Stir in the blueberries gently.



 Pour everything in a large and lightly buttered/oiled mug. 



Microwave for 90 seconds (up to 2 minutes) It is done when it starts pulling away from the sides. Let it cool for about a minute before eating. 



*Non-microwave- bake at 350 degrees for 15ish minutes- check around 10 minutes 

Optional! Make a "glaze" with a 1/2 tsp of each melted coconut oil, fresh lemon juice and honey. Add it after it comes out!

Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 184
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3 g4 %
Saturated Fat 2 g12 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2 mg1 %
Sodium 101 mg4 %
Potassium 425 mg12 %
Total Carbohydrate 35 g12 %
Dietary Fiber 7 g27 %
Sugars 24 g
Protein 7 g14 %
Vitamin A1 %
Vitamin C37 %
Calcium16 %
Iron12 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment