To make these eggs the same size I used my scoop made for making cookies... it was a gift from my cousin Emily...thanks Em!!
"Peanut" Butter Easter Eggs
- 1 cup Sunbutter (or a nut butter if you aren't allergic)
- 3 Tblsp Coconut Oil (or real butter)
- 2 Tblsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 8 Oz. Nut/Dairy Free Chocolate
1. In a small sauce pan, combine the coconut oil, sunbutter, honey, and vanilla. Once it is smooth, put the mixture in the fridge for at least a half hour- makes the "eggs" easier to roll. :)
2. Using your hands and a tablespoon, make small eggs and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (This recipe makes 12-15 depending on the size of the eggs). Place these in the freezer for a half hour.
3. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Using two forks, roll the eggs in the chocolate and place them back on the cookie sheet. Then back in the freezer they go for another half hour or until you want to eat them!