Thursday, April 17, 2014

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Tacos are on our menu at least every other week if not once a week. They are fast, easy, and leftovers are almost tastier... if there are any. :) Charlie love them too but prefers hers with hummus and a spoon. She has Terra Vegetable Chips on her tray but she doesn't really eat them, she only wants them because I have them too. She's not really unhappy in the picture.. just focused on shoveling food in!


It is the day before Easter weekend which means I have a long weekend as a teacher. Thank goodness because this week was just rough. I think part of it was because I didn't work out a lot due to schedule conflicts... this weekend I will definitely be catching up though. It makes me feel normal again. Tonight I turned my meat into a taco salad on top a bed of baby spinach with avocado, raw dairy cheddar, and Terra Vegetable Chips. It is therefore primal because of the cheese but I don't feel bad... not today. I don't use dressing with taco meat but if I do it is a little balsamic vinegar... I am weird I know. 


On to the recipe!.... If you are still buying taco seasoning packets please stop. Or even read the ingredient list... so many unnecessary ingredients and I don't trust much that can sit on a shelf for 2 years and still be ok. I make a batch of this and keep it in my beloved jelly jars I use for everything. 



Taco Seasoning

(Printable Version)

- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cayanne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2.5 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper

1. Put in a jar or bowl and mix. With 1lb of meat use 2 heaping tablespoons and less than a quarter cup of water... recipe makes 2-3 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment