Friday, July 18, 2014

Paleo "Peanut Butter" Chocolate Chip Cookies

Gardening and cooking remind me of some of my favorite memories I had with my Grandma and cousins.  My mom has always told me to start my little girl in the kitchen and garden young...Not because she is a girl, but because it is important to know where food comes from and how to prepare it... starting her off *hopefully* with a good relationship with food and healthy choices. She really enjoys being helpful, so I have given her the task of watering the potted vegetables and flowers. We talk about what is growing and she can name the vegetables even if she doesn't know what that means yet :)

I was having one of those days where I needed everyone in the world who needed me for something to stop for one second. It didn't happen, but to make myself feel better I made cookies. I am not lying when I say the dough for these cookies is arguably better than the cookie itself. I am not a huge sweet-loving person but I literally got out a spatula and licked the bowl. You can use any nut-butter you want in these, I just used Sunbutter because that's what I had in the house.

I am competing with my sister in a Battle of the Sexes competition Saturday and I am thinking I will bring these for between events. There is nothing in them that would upset my stomach and I did the protein bites (also so good) last time.

Paleo "Peanut Butter" Chocolate Chip Cookies

(Printable Version)


- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Nut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Enjoy Life (non-dairy) mini Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

1. Whisk the egg white and salt together until it is frothy.


2. Add the other ingredients besides the chocolate chips and mix until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
3. On a greased cookie sheet, or one lined with parchment paper, scoop out 1 Tbsp balls of dough. This recipe will make about 20 cookies. Flatten them slightly with your scooper or a spatula.


4. Bake 10-12 minutes until edges get slightly crispy and they are golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment