Mara and I bet her boyfriend Alex and his partner Tim that we could beat them.... well we didn't....boo! So I told them I would make them a treat. Here they are... I may or may not have had to make them more than once because I ate too many.
Paleo Almond Chocolate Treats
- 1 Cup Non-Dairy Chocolate (such as Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks)
- 15-20 Whole Raw Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Dried Blueberries (about 3 per chocolate)
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Sea Salt
1. Mix the chocolate, cocoa powder, and vanilla together. Either use a double-boiler, or microwave if you are feeling lazy and melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth.
2. Using a tablespoon, place small mounds of chocolate on a cookie sheet. Doing about 4 at a time because the chocolate will start to harden, gently put an almond and a few blueberries on each mound. Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt.
3. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes until the chocolates harden completely. Store either in the freezer or fridge.