Friday, July 25, 2014

Stacked Pear Snack

I have those days where she is taking a long nap I, for once, have all of my stuff I care to do done, and am ready for her to wake up again so we can go do something. Since I am usually on the go from work to gym to daycare to grocery, etc. it is odd (in a good way) in the summer to have such "down time" where I can accomplish things I usually only can get to on the weekends like laundry and cleaning. So this day I decided to make snack-time more interesting because I was waiting for her to wake up and play with me.

I know every mom struggles with different things, but the hardest part I have found about being a stay-at-home mom, even just for the summer, is the lack of interaction with other people. I love interacting with Charlie, but without any other kids or adults around, even at night since I am not married, I miss talking to people who do more than ask "doing momma?" a million times a day. If that's the biggest problem in my life right now though I really can't complain... just saying in case anyone out there feels the same. :)

So when Charlie woke up she was delighted to see this mountain of fruit just for her when she usually is given the pear in pieces. Only every other layer was chocolate chips and she soon discovered that and looked for them. Another idea if you don't want chocolate chips would be coconut. Or actually you could do all of the above. Hehehe. An apple would be great here too, but like I have said I am allergic so we don't have them in the house. I am not really sure if you would call this a recipe, but I can tell you how I did it. :)

Stacked Pear Snack

- 1 whole Pear (or apple)
- Nut or seed butter (I used almond)
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (non-dairy)
- Honey
- Unsweetened coconut (optional)

1. Using a paring knife, cut a thin layer of the bottom off so it sits flat. Cut the pear in 1/4 inch slices. Carefully, cut around seeds so the pear slices have holes in them but are still "whole."
2. Spread each slice with a thin layer of nut butter and sprinkle with a few chocolate chips and drizzle with honey.
3. Stack the pear back together- done!

No comments:

Post a Comment