So when Charlie woke up she was delighted to see this mountain of fruit just for her when she usually is given the pear in pieces. Only every other layer was chocolate chips and she soon discovered that and looked for them. Another idea if you don't want chocolate chips would be coconut. Or actually you could do all of the above. Hehehe. An apple would be great here too, but like I have said I am allergic so we don't have them in the house. I am not really sure if you would call this a recipe, but I can tell you how I did it. :)
Stacked Pear Snack- 1 whole Pear (or apple)
- Nut or seed butter (I used almond)
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (non-dairy)
- Unsweetened coconut (optional)
1. Using a paring knife, cut a thin layer of the bottom off so it sits flat. Cut the pear in 1/4 inch slices. Carefully, cut around seeds so the pear slices have holes in them but are still "whole."
2. Spread each slice with a thin layer of nut butter and sprinkle with a few chocolate chips and drizzle with honey.
3. Stack the pear back together- done!