Monday, July 28, 2014

Mix and Match Meals

I am one of those people who doesn't mind eating the same thing for dinner and possibly lunch several days in a row...but I realize a lot of people aren't like that! Here is what I did for meals a week ago so that different combinations of protein and vegetables could be made for dinner to mix it up. Charlie was a big fan of the green beans.

What do you need?
I used two different protein sources- chicken and steak (skirt or flank) and three different vegetables combinations- broccoli, green beans and a medley. They were all packed in separate tupperware so I could grab whatever combination I felt like that night. To make my life even easier, I grilled all the meat- no hot kitchen, easy clean-up... plus I was using the microwave, stove, and oven for the veggies simultaneously. :) Hectic hour (including prep and clean up) but dinner is ready for the week!


Steak (1.5-2 pounds Flank or Skirt Steak)
- Marinated over night: 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (or gluten free soy sauce), 2 Tbsp Oil, 1 Clove minced Garlic, 1 tsp Grated Ginger, 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, 2 Tbsp Lime Juice, 1 Tbsp Honey (optional).

Chicken (4-6 Breasts)
- Brushed with Paleo BBQ sauce while grilling

Green Beans
- One bag of fresh (not frozen) green beans in a microwaveable bag. After they were cooked I added salt, pepper, 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder.

Broccoli
- 4 Stalks- I cut the florets off. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a large cookie sheet I toss the florets with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast until bright green with some crispy edges...10-15 minutes.

Veggie Medley
- 1 Sweet potato, 1/2 sweet Onion, 1 Zucchini, 1 Squash... all cut into bite sized pieces. Over Medium heat I sauteed the potato and onion until almost fork tender then added the squash and zucchini. Sprinkled in some thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder.


No comments:

Post a Comment