Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One-pan dinner- Brussel sprouts with Sausage and Spicy Ranch

I HATE recipes that require multiple pans and bowls, etc.... Who on earth has time to find all of that in the cupboards and then wash it all?? I don't know about you but every time I open a cupboard Charlie is in it in two seconds emptying it out- cupboard opening in excess just makes making dinner stressful in my baby locked world. Here is a picture of my sous chef, she's too cute trying to copy me, I can't help it.

This can be made in one pan and to save dishes when I take the bacon and sausage out to cook the sprouts I put them in the Tupperware I'm going to put the dish in when I'm done. If you aren't paleo or just don't care hidden valley light ranch would be my recommendation and many of the stores sell at least gluten free if not paleo (read the ingredients) in their specialty foods sections.

Brussel sprouts with Sausage and Spicy Ranch

- 1 bag of fresh brussel spouts, end cut off and halved (about 1 lb)
- 5 pieces of bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 Pre-cooked sausages (I used spicy chicken sausage), cut in half and 1/2 inch pieces 
- 1/4 cup ranch (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 Tblsp hot sauce (more or less depending on your taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced

Ranch Dressing

- 1 cup paleo mayonnaise (see chicken salad for recipe)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (or half coconut half almond milk)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced really finely 
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar (or apple cider)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tblsp onion powder
- 1 Tblsp dried parsley 
- 1 tsp paprika
- optional: 1 tablespoon fresh dill (I hate dill :)

1. Cook the bacon and sausage together in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat until the bacon is starting to get crispy. About 8-10 min.
2. While the sausage cooks prepare the sprouts and garlic.
3. Remove the meat from the pan and leave the bacon fat. Over medium heat Add the ranch, water, garlic and hot sauce. Stir until combined and then add the spouts.

4. Cover and cook until the spouts are tender 3-5 minutes depending on size. 


5. Add the meat back in, stir and enjoy!

Download a Printable Version of the Recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment