Chia seeds come from a plant in the mint family. They can be white or black and contain calcium, manganese, and phosphorus, and is a great source of healthy omega-3 fats. they help stabilize your blood sugar, have a lot of fiber, and have been shown to improve blood pressure in some people. I will warn you that they will also make you poop. :) When soaked in liquid they "gel" and create a texture like tapioca.
In this recipe I used black chia seeds because it is what I had... I would recommend the white for a better appearance but the taste will be the same.
Coconut-Pineapple Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Full Fat coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple juice (no sugar added)
- 1/2 Cup Diced fresh pineapple (I've used canned but it's not as good) - 2 Tblsp. Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- Toasted Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (optional)
1. In a jar or container with a tight lid, add all of the ingredients and shake.
2. Place in the fridge for a 1/2 hour.... shake again.... place back in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
3. Place 1/2 cup in a bowl and top with the toasted coconut.