Workout wise, every time I am outside or go into my garage I want to squat or dip or press or something... it seems a shame to pass by weights and not pick them up. Ahhhh this will be a problem. Rudy was over the other day to do a workout at the now named, "CrossFit Clawson" and Charlie made sure he was hydrated- she is really supportive to everyone who comes over to workout and demands they go faster- it's too cute and how do you not when she is cheering for you?!
Anyway! I made this a few weeks ago and made it again this week because the chicken is fantastic on it's own.
Thai-Inspired Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2-3lbs Chicken (3-4 breasts)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Honey (optional)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Lime, zested, juiced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
Salad- I am not doing serving sized because it seems personal how much salad you want on what day... maybe you just want chicken and one leaf and call it a salad and that's ok.
- Red Peppers, in thin strips
- Cabbage (I used Savoy)
- Cucumber, chopped
- Carrots, chopped
- Green Onion, 2-3 stems, finely chopped
- Avocado, eat it all
Dressing- test for seasoning at the end. I sometimes add a touch of water or vinegar depending on how juicy the lime is.
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Seed/Nut Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Water
1. Whisk the marinade and refridigeate with the chicken at least 5 hours or overnight. Grill or bake in a 400 degree oven 30-35 minutes.
2. Combine the salad ingredients and whisk the dressing (I shake it in a jelly jar so it can be stored if you aren't eating at once)
Pour over top immediately then consume.