Could someone also please tell my little girl to stop growing? Thanks.
This is a quick and easy dinner, although not the prettiest dish. Protein and a vegetable with few ingredients. One night I added baby spinach to the pan at the end. It's simple but sometimes simple is best.
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts, halved, stem part removed
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 Chicken Sausage Links, halved and sliced (any flavor)
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1. Over medium-high heat, add the water, onion, garlic and brussel sprouts to a skillet. Cover and steam for about 5 minutes--- the time it takes to cut sausage and get out the other ingredients, maybe clean up a little.
2. Remove the lid and add the sausage, red pepper flakes, coconut aminos, and lemon juice. Saute until the brussel sprouts are bright green and fork tender and the sauce has reduced to almost nothing. Taste for seasoning- enjoy!