Sunday, September 7, 2014

Paleo "Peanut Butter" Chocolate Pudding

I was at the grocery store the other day, after a workout (therefore in my tank and shorts, covered in chalk, filthy, sweaty looking) and someone in line behind me said, "You must workout, I do too, so how do I look like you?" I responded that diet probably has a lot to do with it, but everyone is built differently. I took a picture of my cart that day, it was a mid-week shopping trip so just stocking up on a few things... just looking at the top rack of my cart I had fruit, vegetables, and meat. Nothing processed, no refined sugars or carbs. I could not sneakily take a picture of their cart but I am guessing the answer to their question is in it. 
Although the person in the grocery store I took as a compliment there's the other side. I have friends who have been asked if they are on steroids, and I don't know how many times I have been told not to get "too big" but can we seriously knock it off? I know crazy strong girls that don't have the tone of some other girls that "look strong." Maybe I want to be "too big"... maybe my friend just lifts heavy weights even if (heaven forbid) she is a girl... my point is it isn't anyone else's business. We don't tell the obese person in McDonalds to put down the fries so don't tell the strong girl to put down the weights. Strong, healthy, whatever, looks different on everyone.

Dessert Time!!! Num num num.
Chocolate pudding :) Adding the instant coffee just enhances the chocolate flavor, but if you don't have any or don't like than just omit it. If you don't have coconut milk you could try almond... I haven't tried it since I cook nut-free usually, but you might just need to add another tablespoon of arrowroot powder.


 One day I ate mine with shredded coconut on top, the next I had it with some sliced bananas and then portioned it into jelly jars for a work snack.


Paleo "Peanut Butter" Chocolate Pudding

- 1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk (14 oz)
- 1 Can Light Coconut Milk (14 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 Tbsp (heaping) Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Seed or Nut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks (non dairy chocolate)

1. Over medium-high heat, whisk all but the last two ingredients in a sauce pan. Whisk occasionally while the mixture comes to a boil. Once boiling, keep a constant whisk until it has thickened, not to the point of "pudding texture" yet... this process is about 10 minutes total. 

2. Off the heat, add the seed/nut butter and chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth. Pour into air tight containers and let cool (uncovered.) Once cooled, put them into the fridge to thicken... top with your favorite toppings and enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment