Monday, April 13, 2015

Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake

Coming off of spring break most teachers can see the end in sight... 9 more weeks... we can do it! It is almost a tease to spend a week at home with my daughter only to have to go back for a couple more months of work. I know, I am lucky I am a teacher and I get that time... anyone could have been a teacher so if you chose not to be then don't complain... I'm kidding. :) My spring break was fairly uneventful- time spent at the gym and at the pool with Charlie girl. My last weekend of the break, however, changed things. After my divorce I was at peace with reality that I could possibly not have any more children and I may spend a lot of time single- but last summer I dated someone and was truly happy- crazy to think I could meet someone sooner than expected. In the winter things with Rudy went south for various reasons, and we decided take a break. We had our ups and downs, still saw each other at the gym, hung out weekly, talked and whatnot, but that is now decidedly done, something had to change. I am now faced with the reality of picking myself back up again- It is over a year later, I am 30, Charlie is almost 3, and I may be single for a while meaning possibly no more children. I know- chances are I will eventually meet someone and if I only have one healthy child I should be grateful- I am. I just think it is harder this time because it was my first relationship since my marriage and as she is older the thought of having kids far apart and starting over is just not easy to grasp. I can say it- this is for the best, I do not want to have another child with the wrong man again, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard and doesn't hurt. Any time you have to start over with a job, new city, relationship it isn't always easy - but every time there's a major change I seem to learn more about myself. Obviously I do not know what my future will be, I am fortunate to be surrounded by a lot of really good friends who understand, want the best for me and have my back. So for now I will be focusing on Charlie girl, spending time with my friends, trying to be positive, and lifting heavy shit. Squats on squats... we squat 8 days a week. :) 



After coming up with so many mug cakes that are popular with so many people I feel like I need to test these in a ramekin in the oven for my friends that don't use a microwave! I am thinking something high heat and not long because the microwave simulates that. Stay tuned anti-microwave friends! 



I am one of those people who struggles eating when I am sad. I just lose my appetite... what is worse than losing my relationship is losing my gains so I need to eat. These little cakes are always appealing to me and I ate mine with ice cream! 



Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake

(Printable Version)

- 2 Tbsp Nutbutter, Sunbutter, Peanutbutter... whatever you want
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey (or a little less)
- 5 Tbsp Milk (1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp )
- 1 (heaping) Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Pinch of Salt

1. Mix everything in a microwave safe- greased if you want- (large) mug until smooth. 



2. Microwave 90 seconds to 2 minutes. The cake will pull away from the sides when it is done. Careful! These babies are hot!!

Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 325
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 19 g30 %
Saturated Fat 3 g17 %
Monounsaturated Fat 11 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6 mg2 %
Sodium 836 mg35 %
Potassium 207 mg6 %
Total Carbohydrate 34 g11 %
Dietary Fiber 8 g33 %
Sugars 24 g
Protein 12 g23 %
Vitamin A3 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium18 %
Iron18 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment