Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chipotle Potato Soup

When you lay down, exhausted, after a workout you sometimes get some pretty cool looking sweat angels- here was mine from the other day... it was a good one :)


Halloween was this past weekend, and although I am not usually a fan of going out, I decided since I didn't have Charlie this year maybe I should. I borrowed a Princess Leia costume from Mara because I didn't have anything else and Rudy wore a something old too, and we headed to a party in Detroit.  


Everyone thought I was either a gladiator, or a character from Game of Thrones....???? Maybe Princess Leia had just apparently started lifting?? Either way next year I will be more prepared.

I used to have a recipe website under Ree Drumond's (Pioneer Woman) website "Tasty Kitchen." It was when I was a vegetarian and I had forgotten how good some of my recipes there were. I was looking through them this weekend and this is a recipe I thought would be great for this time of year since sweet potatoes are on sale and the weather has been getting colder putting me in a soup mood. Charlie won't eat this one because she apparently only eats Roasted Red Pepper soup, but she did me the honor of trying it. It is SPICY compared to most soups so if you aren't a fan of that, ease back on the chipotle peppers. I topped mine with a little parsley, and packed it for lunches this week with some cold cuts and raw cheese. I am now thinking I will make some crispy bacon tonight, chop it up, and top my soup with that.... I'm excited already.


 Chipotle Potato Soup

Ingredients

  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 whole Onion, Diced
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 whole Sweet Potatoes (peeled, 1/2 Inch Cubes)
  • 1 whole Russet Potato (peeled, 1/2 Inch Cubes)
  • 3 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo, Minced (less if you don't want it too spicy)
  • 48 ounces, fluid Vegetable Broth (Or Chicken)
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 3 Tablespoons Raw Honey

Preparation

1. Heat the olive oil, onions and garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Saute 2-3 minutes. 
2. Add the potatoes and peppers and saute 5 minutes. 


3, Add the broth, salt and agave and bring soup to a boil. Drop heat to a simmer, and cook uncovered, for 20 minutes (or until potatoes are tender). 



4. Puree in batches in a blender or with an immersion blender. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment