I love having help in the kitchen- yes, it slows me down, yes, it makes more of a mess, but pretty soon she is going to be asking for the keys to my car and I will wanting these moments back. My little helped helped me make a dried cherry and enjoy life chocolate chip version :)
Chewy Granola Bars
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds (or more pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut Flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans (or another nut like almonds- to make it nut free just used more seeds)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
1. In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, whisk the honey and oil together. When it just reaches a boil take it off the heat and whisk in the spices and pumpkin.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, with a pinch of salt, and stir in the honey/oil/spice mixture until everything is coated and mixed well.
3. Line an 8" by 8" pan with parchment paper or grease well. Press the mixture into the pan- try to make it as even and compact as possible. Bake for 20 minutes.