Saturday, November 22, 2014

Paleo Spinach and Artichoke Dip

It is really starting to feel like the holidays around here... my autumn candles are burning, I am getting antsy to put up my tree, and it just snowed on my state. Since all the family parties are coming up, I thought I would try out some new dishes to bring around that I don't feel guilty eating- let's be honest, I am going to standing at the cheese table, but I can try to stick to a relatively clean diet. I have also recently discovered Boulder Canyon potato chips- if you haven't heard of them they are potatoes, sea salt and avocado oil, which makes them paleo, right? Either way they are freakin' delicious and come in many flavors including my favorite Vinegar and Sea Salt. 
After making the spinach and artichoke dip once, I re-made it purely to eat an entire bag of chips by myself. This is why I'm single isn't it? :) hehehe... so good!

Paleo Spinach and Artichoke Dip

- 1 10-oz Frozen Package Chopped Spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 14-oz Can Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
OPTIONAL- This eliminates the Paleo and Whole30- 1/2 Cup Raw Cheese (divided- 1/2 in it and 1/2 on top- Parmesan?!)

Mayo- 
- 2/3 Cup Avocado Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

1. Make the mayo. Using a lot of strength or an immersion blender, whisk or blend the mayo ingredients until mayo is formed. I just throw everything in a mason jar and blend away- other people like to slowly add the oil, up to you :) 


2. In a mixing bowl, add 3/4 cup mayo (should be almost all of it) and the rest of the ingredients. Mix. Pour into a greased pie pan or 8" by 8" greased baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes. 


 Before baking (left) after baking (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment