This week I picked up a rotisserie chicken because they are cheap (~$5) and yield a lot of meat without me having to do anything besides pull it apart. The picture below is dark because I was prepping food after she went to bed... sorry! But I used the chicken, some avocado, a jalapeno from my garden and I didn't have a fresh lime so I used bottled juice (naughty) and after sitting over night this was a really tasty salad. I served it over cucumber and tomato just to give a different texture and because it is tomato season in Michigan so they are cheap and so flavorful right now.
Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1-2 Avocados, cut into bite sized pieces
- Juice of 1 Lime (~1/4 cup)
- Siracha (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
1. Add everything to a bowl and mix. Taste for seasoning... a little coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce) would also be tasty if you think it needs salt :) I added some siracha to give it some spice but feel free to omit it. Let it chill over night or for a few hours.