The first time I made a BBQ chicken pizza... I shredded a rotisserie chicken, tossed it lightly in the best Paleo-friendly BBQ I could find, used more BBQ for the sauce and topped it with the chicken, red onion, and raw cheese.
Paleo Pizza Dough
- 1 Yucca Root
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 Cup Potato Starch
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1. Peel and dice the yucca and sweet potato. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the yucca, cover, and cook 10 minutes- you may want to reduce the heat since you are covering the pot. Add the sweet potato and cook another 5-10 minutes until both vegetables are fork tender.
2. Drain and mash the vegetables.
Preheat the Oven to 430 degrees
3. In a separate bowl, mix everything except the oil. Add the root vegetables, this should be about 3 cups, and mix with your hands, kneading as necessary. Add the oil. The dough should not be sticky and the flour should be all combined when you are finished. If it is too dry add more oil, if it is too wet add a touch more flour.***
4. Press the dough onto a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. Thinner for crispier crust.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are browning.
6. Add your toppings and bake another 5-10 minutes until your toppings are done.
*** At this point you are freeze or refrigerate the dough until you want to use it.