The previous two granola recipes were a big success and fullfilled that void in my life that used to be cereal... so I decided to take it to the next level and use chocolate. If you want it sweeter reduce the cocoa powder. I had mine with some bulletproof coffee (Strong coffee, MCT Oil, Grass-fed Butter) and I have to say I think it helped my workout that morning... ??... :)
- 1 Cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Almonds (whole), chopped
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks (dairy free chocolate- half of a bag)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
1. Chop all the nuts. You need 3 cups of nuts so use whatever you have or like, just make sure they are raw. I also used a knife to chop because Charlie was sleeping but you could pulse them in a food processor. Put them in a large bowl with the shredded coconut and salt.
2. Melt the chocolate with the vanilla and coconut oil over a double boiler. When it is melted add the cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
3. Pour the chocolate over the nuts and mix to combine. Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring half way... be careful after 15 minutes it will burn quickly. The granola will harden as it cools. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.