Baked Sweet Potato and Sausage Brunch
- 5-6 Chicken Sausage links, halved and sliced (read labels! Lots of added "junk" in these sometimes) I used spicy chicken sausage
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced (~1/2" cubes)
- 2 Tbsp Oil, or any other kind of fat
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees (yep, hot)
1. Place the sweet potatoes, sausage, oil and spices in a 9"x11" baking dish that has been lightly oiled. Toss to coat.
3. Reduce heat to 400 degrees. Top the sweet potatoes and sausage with spinach and make "wells" for the eggs. If you don't like a runny yolk scramble the eggs before putting them in the dish.
4. Crack one egg into each well and put the dish back into the oven for 10-15 minutes... whites will cook but the yolk will remain runny. If you are scrambling eggs cook for about the same amount of time, or until you wiggle the dish and the eggs are firm.