Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Iced Coffee

I just read an article about how CrossFit is incredibly dangerous and people flail about with bad form and you should never do that many reps, etc. I was laughing. I have never been in better shape in my life, I know my coaches would never let me continue with form that where I would hurt myself, and hitting fitness goals is definitely a confidence boost. Will everyone like it? No. Will people get hurt? Yes. But that's true with anything... I used to run marathons and so did my parents and both of them have had knee surgeries due to running. Apparently we should sit around and do nothing in fear of working too hard and testing our bodies limits because we "might" get hurt. You know what I would like to see in an article hating on CrossFit? Just say, "I tried it, I didn't like it, it wasn't for me. It wasn't the atmosphere I want to work out in or the activities I want to do." You don't have to go on to ridicule everything and use cliche CrossFit bashing terms about it being a "cult" and "kipping" not being a real movement, etc. Yes, I am aware that there are boxes that are sub-par... I have been to some...but like anything you should try a few out to give CrossFit a legit shot if that's what you want to do. Seems like a waste of time to write long articles about something you hate... there's enough hate in the world- try to be more positive. I really don't like soccer but I am not going to dedicate a whole blog post to it... I just won't play/watch soccer. Duh.

Onto the recipe! I like iced coffee a lot. In the summer since I don't run my AC a lot it is hard to want to sip on a hot beverage when you are blow-drying your hair. Problem with iced coffee is that it needs to be made in advance so it is actually cold and not just watered down from ice. Here is my recipe... it makes 4 servings and I of course make them in my mason jars and put the lids on to store until I am ready.

Iced Coffee
- 32 oz. Strong Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 18 oz Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Stevia (optional)

1. Brew the coffee. Add the sugar while it is still hot, stir. Add the milk and vanilla. Stir again. Pour into containers or just keep it in the fridge.... at least 2 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment