The idea for these pancakes came from the back of a bisquick box. They are a quick mid-week dinner or a weekend breakfast. I ate so many of the banana ones! You could really use any batter you like, but this is quick to put together and coconut flour is high in protein, fat, and fiber... more so than most other flours. It is also cheaper than almond flour and the pre-made gluten free baking mixes. If your batter starts to look too thick, add more milk or water.
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 Cup Milk (any kind)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Apples, peeled, cored and sliced in thin rings
- Frozen Rotten Bananas (I haven't tried unfrozen or ripe)
1. Whisk the dry ingredients. Add the eggs and milk- whisk until smooth.
2. Cut the fruit.
3. Pre-heat and butter a large skillet. Dip the fruit in the batter and place gently on the skillet.
4. When bubbles form on the top of the pancake and on the edges, flip them gently.
All done! Charlie is a fan!