Going to get ice cream at our local spot is one of our favorite summer things and we recently took Henry to do that for the first time this year... although I look tired and I haven't showered from being at the gym I think this captures my day-to-day life and it's hard to imagine it any other way.
Coconut Lime Cookies
(makes 16 cookies)- 1 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lime- juiced and zested (about 3-4 Tbsp Juice)
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey, melted if it is not a liquid
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
1. In a high-powered blender, add the sunflower seeds and pulse until a flour is formed. Stop the blender to stir the clumps from the bottom so you don't make sunflower seed butter.
3. Whisk the juice, honey and oil together. Add them to the dry ingredients and mix until a well-combined dough is formed.
4. Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten it slightly as you lay it on the cookie sheet or your dehydrator.
5. Dehydrate at 135 degrees for 1 hour. In an oven- on the lowest setting (mine was 175 degrees) - bake for 20-30 minutes... this depends on how low your over goes. Let them cool completely and place them in the fridge for at least an hour before eating.