I am trying to mix up our dinner routine this week, and I did two different meals out of muffin tins! One of them is from Nom Nom Paleo - Spicy Tuna Cakes .The tuna cakes are soooo good!
I made my own spicy mayo as a dipping sauce and roasted some of my frozen green beans in the oven at 450 degrees with a little olive oil and seasoning salt as a side.
The other meal I made was these mini meat loaves... I am going to call them meat muffins!
I made them into little stacks for charlie and I and she loved them.
Sun-dried Tomato Meat Muffins(makes 12 muffins)
- 1 lb Lean Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 1 Large Shallot, minced (or 1/2 a sweet onion and a clove of garlic)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes, chopped, I used about 5-6
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a bowl, mix everything except the meat. Add the meat and mix until just combined- use your hands, they are the best tool. :)
2. Press about 1/4 cup of the mixture into an ungreased muffin tin. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Since I used lean beef I didn't have a grease problem, but if you do, drain it gently.
** To make my potatoes, I baked 4 sweet potatoes at 375 degrees for an hour and then when they were cool enough to handle, removed the peel. I didn't add any butter or milk- just salt and pepper and they were so soft I mashed them with my spatula.