Onto the food!!!
This oatmeal was a favorite with all of the Cross Country runners when we were in High School. One of my best friends Ashley's mom used to make it for us before the state meet. I adjusted it a little, but I have been taking it as my sweet mid-morning snack at work and it is perfect.
Baked Oatmeal- 2 Cups Milk (Almond, coconut, Raw, your choice :)
- 1 Cup Oatmeal- NOT the quick-cooking kind
- 1 Large Pear (or apple) unpeeled, grated
- 1/4 Cup Raisins (or any other dried fruit)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (or honey or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds (optional)
Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees
1. Grease a 1.5 qt. baking dish.
2. Mix all of the ingredients, except the almonds. Top the oatmeal with the almonds.