Thursday, December 4, 2014

Simple Grain-Free Pancakes

This time of the year is so much fun- houses decorated with lights, Christmas trees in windows, fireplaces going.... love it! Charlie-girl and I decorated our Christmas tree, this is the first year we did it together because she has been too young. She put all of the ornaments in one spot and on about two branches, it was so cute I am leaving it. 


I try to make something more fun on the weekends for breakfast because that is when I have time and because we get up early! Flax seed pancakes are usually my go-to, but I wanted to eliminate the flax seed to make them easier to make for people who don't have it, or who have allergies. 


These are plain- tasting (in a good way) and I actually made extras to use as "bread" for egg sandwiches the next day- I put them in the toaster and it worked out really well! Shout out to my sister Mara for the awesome kettle bell coffee mug. :) Like all of my stuff, I mix everything in one bowl and cook without nut-flours or processed grains, they are very similar to the traditional pancake I am used to- my dad is famous for making pancakes. 


Simple Grain-Free Pancakes

- 3/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- 1/4 Cup Water (or less)
- Pinch of salt

1. Whisk the dry ingredients. Add the eggs and whisk.


2. Slowly add the water, stopping to mix after a tablespoon or two, until the batter is as thick/thin as you like your pancakes.

3. Over medium heat, in a greased skillet, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Cook the pancakes on one sire until bubbles form, flip and cook a few more minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment