These nut-free, grain-free cookies are more like a sugar cookie in the sense that you roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter than anything. The dough is VERY sticky so putting it in the fridge overnight, or the freezer for at least 30 minutes is a must before you roll them out. I also used a lot of coconut flour in my rolling out process to keep it from sticking to the counter.
Grain-Free Sugar Cookies
- 2 Cups Raw Sunflower Seeds- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (or butter), melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Coconut Flour (for dusting)
- Coconut Sugar (for on top of the cookies)
1. In a high-powdered blender pulse the sunflower seeds until they are a powder (like flour). I stop occasionally and stir to make sure I don't make seed butter on the bottom of the blender. (Yields about 2.5 cups flour)
When you are ready to bake...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.