Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Baked Honey Mustard Chicken

I think one of the big things that keeps me going in lifting is seeing improvements… the feeling of hitting a pr after 6 months of being stuck at the same weight is incredible. There’s always going to be bad days and bad workouts, but that day you do something you never thought you could do, or something that you knew you were strong enough to do but it just hadn't clicked yet, makes it all worth it. I have been having a week like that… doing pr weights in a workout, hitting new prs, and yesterday I was warming up and pr’d my snatch and then went on to do it in the workout 11 more times. It feels so good to be feeling good, especially with a competition coming up that is only lifting, no WODs. I need to keep this feeling in mind when I hit a rough week. It is amazing what good coaching does and how much technique matters.

This is random but made me laugh... because this is me only I have a kid also and a diaper bag. I hate making two trips. I see it as a challenge and I accept every time.


I had chicken to use up and I thought I would take a break from my crockpot and bake it. Very few ingredients, simple, moist. Yum. I ate it with sweet potato fries one day and broccoli with my lunches the rest of the week. I used sunflower flour as my crust because I had a little extra from the pumpkin bread, but you could omit it, or use almond flour.

Honey Mustard Baked Chicken

-          4 Chicken Breasts
-           ¼ Cup raw Honey
-          ¼ Cup Dijon Mustard
-          Olive Oil
-          ½ tsp Paprika (optional)
-          ¼ Cup Flour (Almond or Sunflower) Optional
-          Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1.       Place the chicken in a glass baking dish. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

2.       Whisk the honey, mustard (and paprika if using) together. Pour over the chicken.
3.       Sprinkle with the flour (optional)

4.       Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts. When chicken is cooked through, juices will run clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment