Friday, January 10, 2014

What's for breakfast?

As a single, working mom trying to balance and maintain a a lifestyle of paleo and CrossFit fanatic the question of "what do you eat for breakfast?" Often comes up. Here is what I eat 80% of mornings....
Sundays I do almost all my cooking. I make a big pan of this "hash" and in the morning quickly cook an egg and add a half of avocado. You can obviously omit the previously stated two ingredients, microwave as much as you want, and be on your way! This makes enough for at least 4 of my breakfasts depending on the number of eggs I cook.

Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash

1 sweet potato- peeled and diced in small cubes
5 pieces of bacon in 1 inch strips
1 package of sausage links (about 8-10)

1. Cook bacon over medium heat until fat starts to render. 
2. Add the sweet potato and sausage and cook until potatoes are fork tender and sausage is cooked through.
3. You're done! Enjoy or store for the week :)






No comments:

Post a Comment