Friday, January 10, 2014

Broccoli Salad

Problem: exhausted mom is not getting her veggies and 18 month old Charlie-girl is starting to get picky!

I think one of the hardest things about being paleo beyond the no sugar aspect is getting in enough veggies. I don't always have time to cook (pans to wash, baby doesn't want to let me, etc.) and I seem to cook bacon at least once a week so I often use some of it for this recipe. Bonus! My child loves it! She only eats the very tops of the broccoli but loves the cranberries and almonds (you could even use raisins). And I give you my current favorite veggie dish: broccoli salad.

Broccoli Salad

4 broccoli crowns (diced in bite sized florets-raw)
3 green onions (diced)
4 pieces of bacon (cut in 1/2 inch pieces) 
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup cranberries 
1/3 cup sliced almonds 

1. Cook bacon until crispy
2. Add broccoli, raisins, onions, cranberries, almonds in a bowl and toss. 
3. Add cooked bacon with fat and mix.
4. Eat immediately or keep it in the fridge for when you need a snack :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment