This dish is easy, but you use the oven and the stove which in my busy life, is something I don't love doing... something about too many dishes :) But either way, it is healthy and delcious and a great way to use the pesto I made and froze from the basil in (*ahem) my.... I mean Matt's.... garden!
Pesto Chicken and Zucchini "Noodles"- 5-6 Zucchinis
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Breasts of Chicken
- 4 Cups Loosely Packed Basil
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil+
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/3 Cup Pine Nuts (I have used walnuts before too)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Raw Parmesan (if you aren't paleo or Whole30)
Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
1. Place the chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Not the amounts listed for the basil!) Bake 35-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. Juices will run clear when they are done.
2. While the chicken is cooking.... Use a spiralizer, or a vegetable peeler, and "zoodle" or peel all of the zucchini into thin slices. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini in olive oil just a few minutes... I like to keep mine with a lot of bite still. (** I have used gluten free pasta for this and add the zoodles to the boiling water for the last minute of cooking... so my dish included both zucchini and noodles. :)
3. In a food processor combine the remaining ingredients. Pulse until until you reach your desired consistency... add more olive oil or water if necessary.
4. Combine everything in a large bowl and toss together... I put a little more pesto over my chicken!