Thursday, October 8, 2015

Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats

This past week I did something I had never done and never thought I would be able to do... 50 Burpee Ring Muscle Ups... although my time wasn't fantastic, I know have a benchmark time for the future, know I can do it, and had no misses... woohoo! My hands also took a big hit when I started using a "false-grip" at rep 30... rips. Ouch. But at least I can still squat! Even when I am having a bad day, bad workout, whatever... my "C" tattoo reminds me of my only sunshine Charlie-girl when I grab that bar to do another set or try again- everyone has their motivation :)

Well of all the things i have made this has been a huge hit with Charlie-girl. First of all she likes to help me make the oats and shake the jar... 


then adding some extra strawberries and serving it cold has been her dinner three days in a row. 


Kid is in oatmeal heaven even if she won't smile for the picture. 


Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats

(Printable Version)



- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats- NOT Quick Cooking (I am trying this with steel-cut, stay tuned)
- 1/2 Milk of your choice
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Ripe Banana, mashed
- 4 Strawberries, cut in small pieces
- Drizzle of Honey (optional)

1. Mash the banana in a jar or seal-able container, add the strawberries. 

2. Add the oats, chia seeds, milk, and honey (optional to add). 


3. Seal the jar and shake it (the picture below is it shaken without sitting yet)... let it sit in the fridge overnight. I eat mine cold but you could easily warm it up... and topping it with almonds would be tasty too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment