This dish was inspired by a chicken one I saw in a magazine. It was actually an add for flavored butter! But I made my one and I am definitely a fan of one-pan meals!
Baked Lemon-garlic Salmon with Vegetables- 2 lbs Salmon, skin on (Four 1/2-pound filets)
- 1 Stick Grass-fed Butter, room temperature
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced finely or with a micro-plane grater
- 1 Lemon- zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 2 Bunches Asparagus (about 2 lbs), trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a bowl, mash the softened butter with the zest of one lemon, juice of half the lemon, the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. If it is not well combine you could melt it in the microwave or a pot slightly until it is smooth. Place it in the fridge/freezer for 10-15 minutes to harden.
3. Drizzle a glass (9x11) baking dish with olive oil. Arrange the salmon skin side down and surround it with the veggies.
4. Put 1-2 tablespoons of butter on each filet and the rest on the vegetables. Slice the other half of the lemon and also put those in the dish.