Friday, August 21, 2015

Overnight Oats- Two Ways!

Today starts the longest time I will go without my Charlie-girl. She is heading to North Carolina with her dad and I won't see her for 8 days. It will be so hard-- I know she will have fun, but this part of being divorced never gets easier. I have been on the verge of tears all day. I plan to stay busy though- heading North to Traverse City to compete and camp this weekend, various appointments next week, I will be at the gym a lot, head into work a bit, and I have a HUGE list of things I need to do around the house! I can do it- here we go...



With work starting in a week I am trying to figure out meals for after the gym rushing to work, or just easy things to make in general. I am bringing this camping with me because it also seems like a good thing to eat before a competition- carbs and easy on the stomach- that's what I like. :)

I made these in my mason jars- the one just bigger than the typical "jelly" jar. 


Banana Bread Overnight Oats

(serves 1)

- 1/2 Cup Old-Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2* Cup Milk (I use just shy of a 1/2 cup because I like mine a little thicker)
- 1/2 Ripe Banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips

1. Pour everything into a jar or sealable container and shake. 

Let it sit for 6+ hours or overnight. Stir and enjoy hot or cold!



*** Cinnamon Raisin Oats **


(serves 1)

- 1/2 Cup Old-Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2* Cup Milk (I use just shy of a 1/2 cup because I like mine a little thicker)
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tbsp+ Raisins


1. Pour everything into a jar or sealable container and shake. Let it sit for 6+ hours or overnight. Stir and enjoy hot or cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment