Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lemon-Garlic Chicken

I did it! I made it a little over a week without my Charlie-girl. It helped to stay as busy as possible- being at home was the worst because it just feels like the house is quiet and something is missing. I went up north my first weekend without her and camped (in a tent) for three days with my boyfriend Matt... we competed in a CrossFit competition in Traverse City, hiked the sand dunes and chatted by the campfire. I have not camped since I was really young so I was not that much of an asset to the campsite itself but I tried. 


We made the french pressed coffee too because you have to have coffee :)


After camping last weekend and then BBQs this weekend I need to get my eating back on track. I start work tomorrow so I wanted to make sure I was ready to go home and food-wise. I have plans for this chicken... it'll be on top of a salad for work tomorrow and served with a baked sweet potato for dinner. 

Lemon-Garlic Chicken

- 4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (mine were HUGE so I used 3)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock (or dry white wine)
- 1 Lemon (1/3 cup juice)
- Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

1. Place the chicken in a 9x13 glass baking dish. 


2. Juice the lemon, and whisk the remaining ingredients. 


3. Pour over the chicken and bake 35-40 minutes depending on how thick your breasts are. Juices should run clear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment