Monday, June 15, 2015

Simple Banana Coconut Muffins

The official start to summer vacation has begun!!! I am thrilled. Today I went to the gym early (6am ew- but better then rather than not at all!) and picked up Charlie from her dad. We went to swim lessons, then to the chiropractor at a non-busy time, cleaned out the gutters, did some meal prep, took naps, and cuddled. It was perfect. 


Yesterday I hit Pr's on both my clean & jerk and clean. Neither numbers I hit (150lbs and 160lbs respectively) are super impressive, but up is up and they are closer to where I want them to be now versus yesterday! Below is my clean....


Yes, I got out of that crazy low squat with elbows that weren't where they should have been. ;) I know I do not make the best faces when I lift. Eek! 



Personal things in my life have made me feel down lately. I am fully aware most people aren't like I am and they go to the gym because they have to, not because they want to. But to me, having a good workout- standing up those lifts-- erases the number of bad ones I have had prior. It also makes my entire day shift- mood is better, overall outlook on the day is more positive, and next time I walk through the doors of the gym I'll be that must more confident. Not a lot beats the high of a pr... succeeding in something you work so hard at and have put so much time into. Woohoo! Happy start of summer to me! 


My mom requested muffins the other day so I tried to come up with something really simple. I added coconut to the tops of mine but next time I am thinking I will be adding chocolate chips as well! They are delicious with a pat of butter for snack time. 



We are rocking our summer looks- no makeup, gym clothes... well Charlie is in her "naked phase" but that's another story. :)


Banana Coconut Muffins 

(makes 12 muffins)

- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 Cup Milk (any kind)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. Mash the bananas and whisk the eggs, banana, oil, and honey together.







2. You could use a separate bowl to whisk the remaining dry ingredients together (except coconut) ---or don't use a separate bowl and just throw everything in which is what I do because I am lazy and don't want more dishes- and add the dry ingredients to the wet. Whisk until really well combined.



3. Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin, filling each about 1/2-2/3 full. Top with unsweetened coconut. 



4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.




Servings 12.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 120
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6 g9 %
Saturated Fat 5 g23 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47 mg16 %
Sodium 293 mg12 %
Potassium 103 mg3 %
Total Carbohydrate 15 g5 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g11 %
Sugars 5 g
Protein 3 g6 %
Vitamin A2 %
Vitamin C3 %
Calcium2 %
Iron6 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment