Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Crockpot Shredded Steak

I competed over the weekend in my third individual competition ever. I picked this one because the workouts were almost all movements I am not very good at. It was the perfect opportunity to push myself in areas of weakness. There was pretty much no gymnastics and all barbell- eek! Not surprisingly I struggled with the workouts only requiring the bar and did well on the body weight movements. Competing is always a learning experience and definitely exposes your weaknesses. Despite absolutely dying on the last workout (lots of thrusters followed by an AMRAP of an abbreviated "DT") I still finished in the top half. Not where I wanted to be but lessons learned it's back to training. :) 


Sunday, even though I was so sore walking was hard, I went out on a boat with some old friends. People can say what they want about Michigan, but summer here, especially on a gorgeous day, on a lake, is hard to beat. I could lay on a boat all day. 


This recipe was taken and changed from one my sister gave me. I ate it with rice and broccoli. Although it is not the prettiest when it is done, it is tasty! I was thinking I could eat the steak on a salad or as a taco too!

Crockpot Shredded Steak

- 1.5- 2lbs Flank Steak (skirt would probably work in a pinch)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos (or Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced (or more... hehehe)
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes

1. Place all the ingredients except the steak and arrowroot powder in a bowl and whisk. 





2. Coat the steak in the arrowroot powder and add it to the bowl. Flip it until it is covered in the marinade. Cover and let it sit at least a few hours or over night. 



 3. Add the steak and marinade to a crockpot. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours. Use two forks to shred the beef- it should fall apart.



I told you it isn't pretty... but it's good so who cares?!




No comments:

Post a Comment