Monday, April 3, 2017

Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice and Thai Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry

I have started to pack more food in my lunches so I am not starving at the end of the day and can make it to the gym... so here is my typical day, I am a creature of habit so I don't mind eating the same thing and everything is prepped and ready at least the night before.

Breakfast-
At home at 5am I eat one whole grain english muffin, two egg whites and one whole egg
Breakfast II-
At work I pack myself some sweet potatoes I roast on the weekend and two more egg whites and one whole egg. I make the eggs the same time I make my other morning eggs and add half to my tupperware and eat the other half then. 
Lunch- 
Completely prepped on the weekend. 1/2 breast chicken, one cup raw broccoli (it cooks in the microwave when I heat it up at work,) 1 tablespoon peanut butter, soy sauce, siracha (this combo makes a yummy peanutty sauce when melted), 1/2 cup rice... and two clementines for dessert
Snack- 
Triple zero vanilla yogurt with protein cheerios. 
I'm not sure the macros on all of this, but I don't care. :) I feel good and that's what matters. 

This week we also made homemade chicken stock, primarily because Matt wanted to use his prized All-Clad stock pot. The chicken worked well in lunches and the stocked helped make an even bigger version of a chicken pot pie that's become a family favorite!

Homemade Pizza Night is always a success, I have to say that Charlie and I are getting really good. I know it's not the healthiest, but it's good bonding time, healthier than ordering pizza out, cheaper and fun! 

For other dinners this week, aside from the pot pie again...Charlie and I preferred the rice while Matt preferred the beef... both were tasty and better the next day- enjoy!

Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice

(Serves 4 Easily)

This could easily be done with shrimp, pork or beef, I just like chicken. :)

- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 20oz Can Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- 4 Green Onions, chopped- more for garnish
- 1 Serrano Pepper, finely chopped (seeded and de-veined for less heat)
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1-1.5lbs), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Oil, divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Honey (optional)

1. Prepare the rice according to directions and set aside. This actually works better with older rice that's been in the fridge!
2. In a bowl, mix the pineapple, green onion, and serrano and set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a tablespoon of sesame oil. Saute the chicken until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining oil, garlic and ginger. Cook briefly until fragrant and the garlic starts to turn golden. Add the cooked rice, stir. Add the fish sauce, coconut aminos and honey. Stir and heat thoroughly. Add the chicken and pineapple mixture. Stir again. Sprinkle with more green onion. Enjoy!

Thai Beef and Cabbage Stirfry

(Serves 4- about 1 3/4-2 Cups Each)

We had extra cabbage because I had intentions of making corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day and I totally forgot the whole cabbage part...oops... so what to do with a head of cabbage? Turn it into a genre of food I much prefer (Asian) of course! This is also super budget friendly because cabbage is cheap and ground beef is much cheaper than steak.

- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Siracha (more or less depending on heat preference)
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Head Green Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped or shredded
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 1-1.5 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger

1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, garlic and ginger. Saute until the beef is cooked through, breaking it apart as much as possible. Drain if there is too much fat.
2. Add the vegetables and continue to cook until the cabbage has wilted slightly. Add the coconut aminos, soy sauce, siracha and honey. Toss. Turn off the heat. Drizzle with more siracha if you prefer and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment