I don't know if it was because I was so sick I just wanted to make it through days the first time around, or the fact that I didn't really workout before that pregnancy, but this pregnancy is mentally tougher than I expected already.... it has been a truly humbling and ego-checking experience. I looked at other women successfully training to the end and others who stopped almost everything immediately, I unjustly judged their weight gain or lack of...and I am now eating my words. Even though it is early, I have already realized I am not in control of what I will and will not be able to do, what I can or cannot eat, how much weight I am going to gain. Just like this is different than my first go-around, every woman's abilities during this time are going to be different. Comparison, just like in normal training, to others will only defeat you.
Handstands still going strong
4 weeks vs. 14 weeks
I drank my 6-pack
Strict MUs... hanging onto them still
Thrusters at body weight- so hard, but I'm trying
Fruit... I love fruit.
To end on a more positive and funny note I have decided that the first trimester is like being a toddler... here's 10 reasons why...
1. I like foods one day and can't even look at them the next
2. I am irrational and you can't argue with me
3. I cry when I am frustrated, sad, hungry, tired, because you look at me wrong, or for basically no reason
4. I need daily naps and am grumpy and emotional without one
5. I pee, a lot, and the urge comes out of nowhere
6. I like carbs, all the carbs in the world- goldfish crackers, plain bread, veggie straws, fruit, etc.
7. I like to be cuddled or I don't want to be touched... you won't be able to tell what I want and I don't even know what I want
8. I don't like to wear pants- they constrict me and I loathe them
9. I can do something, like cook, but then I get tired and don't want to clean up my mess
10. I need new clothes by the season because I have outgrown what used to fit
Here we go second trimester... bring it...just please don't be like a teenager...