Thursday, July 21, 2016

Peanut Butter Cookies- Smore and Chocolate Kiss Versions

I got married :) I am a puddle of gush and love right now so I will spare you the details, but it was perfect. We got married on a Tuesday, exactly one year after it all began, at Van Hoosen Farms, Rochester, MI in front of just immediate family. 


The small ceremony was followed by dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date. It was just what I pictured- I looked like me, he looked like him- it was personal and small. 


As much as I would've loved to have friends there, neither of us wanted the large wedding we had the first time, therefore, we are throwing a pool party at our house this weekend for a few close friends and calling it good. I am overwhelmed with the amount of love and support we have received from our friends and family- we get that it was a fast road to the alter, but in the word's of my cousin, "When you know, you know." 

I could go on and on about the day and my feelings, but all I will say is that I am incredibly grateful of the broken road that led me to Matt and I couldn't be more excited about our future as a family of three... for now... 


 Because I am feeling "sweet" and lovey this week's recipe is sweet as well. I was trying to recreate a moist peanut butter cookie, because I love them... and thought, why not make them like ooey, gooey smores? Or better yet, add chocolate kisses and make them like a childhood favorite cookie?? 


*Notes on the recipe....
...you can use all one type of "butter"...
- If you use all peanut butter- they may be more oily, but as they cool this should subside
- If you use all almond butter they may be drier... you might want to add a tablespoon or so of coconut oil or ghee 
... you HAVE to let them cool before eating them...
I am talking like an hour, or better yet, in the fridge or over night. They firm up and become chewy this way
... you can omit the coconut...
but you are losing out on some flavor :)
... you can use flax-egg....
this just changes the flavor slightly


Peanut Butter Cookies (base recipe)

(Makes about 40 mini-cookie muffins or small cookies)
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (find the kind with no added junky oils or sugar)
- 1 Cup Almond Butter
- 2 tsp Aluminum-free Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Coconut Sugar (you can use regular or brown if that's all you have)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt

Add ins...
Mini Marshmallows
Chocolate Chips
Hershey Kisses

Pre-heat Oven to 350 Degrees

1. In a large bowl, or stand mixer, combine all of the ingredients except the add ins. Using a hand-mixer, or your super strong muscles if you're desperate, and beat the ingredients until well combined. 


- you should be able to grab a tablespoon or so and press it together with your fingers- if you can't and it is too dry, add a tablespoon at a time of coconut oil or ghee. 
- If you are adding chocolate chips or marshmallows, now is the time to fold them in by hand. 

2. In a greased mini-muffin pan, or parchment lined cookie sheet, place tablespoon-sized mounds. 


Using your fingers, press them into the pan or into a 1/2" thick disc on the cookie sheet. 


I made a "well" in my mini-muffins to add the marshmallows and or hershey kisses. 


3. Bake 8-10 Minutes for muffins and 10-12 minutes for cookies. They will be VERY soft when they come out... resist the urge to touch them and LET THEM COOL COMPLETELY before grabbing one. They are honestly better after sitting for hours or overnight in the fridge :)

Base Recipe- per cookie-
Nutrition Facts
Servings 40.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 131
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8 g13 %
Saturated Fat 2 g11 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9 mg3 %
Sodium 59 mg2 %
Potassium 101 mg3 %
Total Carbohydrate 13 g4 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g5 %
Sugars 11 g
Protein 3 g7 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium5 %
Iron4 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

1 comment:

  1. Made this a few weeks ago and my husband, 18 month old son, and I all LOVED it! Crockpot recipes are my go-to on evenings that I won't have time to make dinner and this is one of our favorites already. We are having it for the 3rd time tonight!!! Thanks to Pinterest for helping me find you!
    Access the Dark Web Deep Web stories Deep Web Reddit Links Deep Web Browsers

    ReplyDelete