Thursday, March 24, 2016

Chocolate Oatmeal-Seed Cookies

Here we are, last week of the open. I can't say that I am sad. I have magically had my best open (ranking-wise) yet with my last workout placing me 117/8034 in the region. Maybe the key was always to relax and have fun? Either way I am happy to go back to normal training and settle my life a bit. We are getting ready to head to Florida for spring break and I am looking forward to sun and beach and relaxation with my family. Mini-me and I have been spending a lot of time at the box and she is such a good girl when she's there I think she deserves some mommy and me time doing something she wants. 



These cookies were made because my friends are all following RP Strength diet programming and cookies are shared after each open workout during Friday Night Lights at the box. They are not overly sweet so if you want sweet you'll need to add more dates and honey. They are however, chewy and full of texture. Such a nice treat while trying to get through this last week of strict clean eating. I lacked a creative name... sorry. 



Chocolate Oatmeal- Seed Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 8 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Chia Seeds
- 3/4 Cup Raw, Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

1. In a food processor, add the oats, flour, dates, eggs and honey. Pulse until a paste-like mixture is formed and the dates are in tiny pieces.



2. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse again until a thicker paste/dough is formed- it will be sticky. 

3. On a parchment lined baking sheet, use a spoon and make 12-13 mounds (about 2-3 Tbsp each.) Flatten them into circles using your hands until they are about 1/2 inch thick. If the dough is really sticky, get your fingers wet and that will help.



4. Bake 11-13 minutes until they are cooked but still a little soft when you press in the center. Eat them after letting them cool 10-15 minutes, or let them cool completely (as in hours) before putting them in an air tight container in the fridge. 
Nutrition Facts
Servings 12.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 160
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7 g11 %
Saturated Fat 1 g6 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62 mg21 %
Sodium 130 mg5 %
Potassium 107 mg3 %
Total Carbohydrate 20 g7 %
Dietary Fiber 5 g18 %
Sugars 12 g
Protein 5 g11 %
Vitamin A2 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium4 %
Iron10 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment