Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Baked Eggs in a Sweet Potato

We are entering the final days of work before I am off for a few weeks. Charlie is feeling it too. I bet she is ready to spend some time just at home and not constantly running around. When she was at the gym the other day she took pictures of me and my friends while we were working out... I didn't realize it until I looked at my phone later. What a little stinker. 



 Our schedule may be wearing her out, but what is it about a sleeping child that is so innocent and peaceful looking? I am in love with my little girl more every day. 



 If you would have asked me a year ago if this is where my life would be this winter I would have laughed at you... I have never been so excited for my future. In the next few weeks... I am about to have two glorious weeks off of work, Matt and I are moving in together and then there is Christmas and New Year's to celebrate. It is definitely my favorite time of the year. We set up a real tree at his house too even though we won't be officially there until Christmas Day. 

 I am just disappointed there is no snow. Charlie would love some snow and to be honest I wouldn't mind a little winter. I have always liked the seasonal changes of Michigan so bring it on! This past weekend Matt and I chopped down a tree and raked more leaves, I was sweating so badly I wasn't even wearing a sweatshirt and this is mid-december in Michigan! It was quite the workout, made better by the fact that our log stack fell and it had to be put back together again. Grrrr. I am glad I workout because I can't imagine how hard stuff like that would be if I didn't.



I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I finally tried it out. The idea came after I baked eggs in an avocado. It is simple and surprisingly delicious. Baking time will depend on how done you want your eggs. I put ours in tupperware and they were still warm when we got to work. :)



Baked Eggs in a Sweet Potato

(Serves Two)

- 4 Slices Bacon, cooked until crispy (I used leftovers from the weekend)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, baked
- 2-3 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

1. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and bake them 60 minutes until they are cooked through.

Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees

2. When they have cooled enough to touch, cut off the top part, about 1/4 of the potato, and scrap out the insides leaving a decent amount of potato so it stays together.



3. Put half the bacon in the bottom of each potato. 



Crack open an egg or two and carefully drop that in each potato. 



Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 20-30 minutes until the white part of the egg is set and yolks are runny.

No comments:

Post a Comment