My only complaint with the zoo this year has to be the passes... we bought a season pass and the type that fit us most was the "single parent" pass. Now I may be being a little sensitive, but it hurts to see "single parent" printed on a card. I know that is what I am, but it's still not something that people look at in the best light (correct or not on their part) and I hate thinking it is a separate category- we aren't a "family" like the other passes. I asked another friend ,who is a single parent, and she agreed it was fairly insensitive. Just saying.
But it is what it is and I am what I am...and Charlie would be the first one to tell you that I'm her family- a family of two. :)
We take a picture by the elephant every year so capture her changes.
Yogurt-Fruit Popsicles(Makes 6 popsicles)
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 Cups Fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1+ Tbsp Raw Honey (depends on your fruit and yogurt)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder- You can omit this but why? :)
- 1/4 Cup Milk *More if needed to thin
1. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Taste to see if you need to add more honey. If you think it is too thick, remember it's going to be frozen so it's not a huge deal if it is... add a splash of milk and blend again.
2. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze 30min+. Run the mold under hot water when you want to eat one... I have broken a few molds not doing that!