Breakfast on the go- sometimes it has to happen and since eating enough is sometimes a problem I have, especially when busy, I need to have ways to get some protein in even when I rush out of the house. I head to work really early and sometimes I don't want to eat as soon as I wake up- since all I have at work is a microwave this is ideal-- I can throw everything in the jar, put a lid on it and cook it when I get there--- without the lid!!! It's metal. I always chop and cook a pound of bacon as part of my weekend meal prep. I use it when I cook eggs in to the morning at home, throw it on a salad, etc. and it is perfect for this. I am definiely using vegetables like broccoli or spinach next time too.
Mason Jar Eggs- two eggs
- cooked bacon, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Vegetables, finely chopped
1. In a mason jar- use one bigger than a jelly jar- put in all of the ingredients, close the lid.
2. When you get to work, or after the gym, shake everything.
3. Remove the lid and microwave 1-2 minutes. It'll puff up while cooking so stir at the 30 second mark. I topped mine with hot sauce and avocado.