Friday, January 8, 2016

Almond Flour Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I have been trying to keep up with my strength at home... it takes more motivation and lack of excuses than anything. I am ok doing EMOTM (every minute on the minute) type workouts and regular strength training... anything with me and a clock is just hard with her because I get interrupted. But we try and Charlie and I have a system now... she gets to play on the rings and run around as long as I am not doing a set. While I am doing a set she sits on the orange med-ball and counts (if she wants)... this particular day I was doing 4x5 backsquats and she wouldn't count past "1"... every rep was "1".... I swear I was getting low enough, and shouldn't her mom be given a "bro rep?"

When I moved into my new house I discovered a few things... one of them being that I have way too many containers of oatmeal, combined with Matt's containers there was way too much oatmeal in general. Since I am the only person who eats it as a breakfast food, I thought why not make some cookies since the other thing we had an abundance of was raisins. The container of old-fashioned oats had a recipe on the lid so I based my initial attempt of these at that- swapping regular flour for almond and getting rid of the vegetable oil... we made these more than once... a lot do to the fact that they are very family friends to make... so much that once we made them at 8am because she wanted to... 

so anyway! after some trial and error I think this is the perfect combination. The whole family loved them.

Almond Flour Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

(Makes ~30 cookies)

- 2 Cups Old-fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Grass-fed Butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 Cup Raw Honey
- 2 Cups Raisins

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

1. In a large bowl, whisk the oats, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and flaxseed. 



2. In a smaller bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients, except the raisins. Pour this liquid into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. 



Add the raisins and fold them in until they are evenly distributed.



3. On a parchment-lined, or greased, baking sheet, place about tablespoon-sized of the dough and press it together slightly with your hands. Bake 12-15 minute until the tops have started to become golden. Let them cool slightly before removing them from the cookie sheet, they become less fragile as they cool. Store in the fridge. 


Nutrition Facts
Servings 30.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 120
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7 g11 %
Saturated Fat 3 g13 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22 mg7 %
Sodium 91 mg4 %
Potassium 51 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 14 g5 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g6 %
Sugars 8 g
Protein 3 g5 %
Vitamin A3 %
Vitamin C1 %
Calcium2 %
Iron4 %




No comments:

Post a Comment