Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pre-workout Open Cookies... The Open 15.1

I am calling these "Open Cookies" because the open at our box is an awesome event, but that sometimes means waiting for your turn to compete so you need something you can snack on. So many people come to hang out and watch and compete from 4pm Friday until 8-9pm that night and then it begins again Saturday morning and Sunday Morning. Even if you aren't going to be the best, or score well, almost everyone signs up anyway and everyone cheers for everyone else like they are going to the games... it's incredible and exactly why I love the sport. This is me during my first attempt at 15.1. I scored 164 on the first part and clean and jerked 140lbs. I am not disappointed with my score, but as soon as I finished I knew I could do better so I am attempting it again on Sunday. It's not a workout that really taxed me so I feel good to go again!! 



Since so many people go, I have come in at 4pm before and not gone until 6pm... I eat lunch at 10:45am so this becomes a problem. One of my favorite things to eat while competing is peanut butter (with a spoon)... and since other people like bananas during a competition I thought why not combine them? They are something you can snack on before you go or driving to the box since the flavor is mild and the ingredients are nothing hard on the stomach. The "dough" is fairly sticky depending on what kind of nutbutter you use so I might try adding a bit of protein powder next time to mine because sunbutter is "wetter" than say almond butter. I know they are not the prettiest, but neither am I when I am lifting! 


Pre-workout Open Cookies

(Printable Version)

- 1/2 Cup Nutbutter (or Sunbutter)... Almond, etc. If you use peanut butter use half that and half a nutbutter
- 1 Ripe Banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of salt

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. 
1. Mash the banana. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. 



2. On a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet, drop and flatten about 1 Tbsp of the batter. I made 9 cookies with one batch. Bake 12-15 minutes until firm on top... watch that the bottoms don't burn! Cool before eating or else they don't have that chewy-ness yet! :)



3 comments:

  1. Those who are interested in doing something different, can do it with an environment like this. To get started in a Health Community at Jones College, you will need to fill out an application. More information on health community click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rise in prescription drug use has overwhelmed physicians, despite what your doctor may tell you. Get detailed info about abs workout on this web.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are going to start a body building routine, then you should pay attention to the tips that you have learned here.

    ReplyDelete