Monday, August 25, 2014

Cube Steak Tacos and Guacamole

I was introduced to this dish by the first guy I have dated that didn't make me pasta with jarred sauce and chicken for a date-night meal. Seriously guys... stop making that. I came home from a long day at work and then night conferences until 8pm and I requested Rudy get me the new sports bra I really wanted because I was competing that weekend and have dinner waiting!! I thought what he made was a great idea so I added my own touch to it. Using cube steak really makes taco night a little nicer and doesn't have the expensive per pound price like flank steak does. 
Cube steak is usually used in chicken fried steak and is top round or top sirloin that has been tenderized- the pounding is what gives it the unique looking texture. 


I ate mine in sort of a salad- with guacamole one chipotle salsa on top. I would have preferred a shell of some kind but I didn't have any. :) 



Cube Steak Tacos

- 1-2 pounds Cube Steak
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Oil

1. Sprinkle the steak on both sides with the seasonings. 
2. Heat oil in a skillet to medium high heat. Cook the steak 3-5 minutes per side depending on your preference on done-ness.
3. Slice and serve with all your favorite taco fixings. 

Guacamole 

- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime
- 1 Roma or Vine tomato
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
1. Mash the avocados. Juice the lime and add the remaining ingredients to the avocados. Mix and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment